8 items, ordered by date. Show on timeline
1. Record of meeting with Marjorie Mowlam MP, Opposition Spokeswoman on Corporate and City Affairs, on 19 September 1991
Gives the Labour position at the time.
2. NAPF Conference, Thursday 21 November 1991. Dynamics of company boards, JP Charkham, Adviser to the Governor, Bank of England.
Paper defines sound corporate governance, look at role and responsibilities of boards and how boards are expected to do so.
3. Letter, 7 July 1992, and comments from TJ Grove.
Comments on appearing to be written with best interests of directors, and aspects of auditing.
4. Letter, 7 July 1992, from Swiss Bank Corporation.
Comments on the delegation of powers by the board to the subcommittees.
5. Letter, dated 29 July 1992, from LE Linaker, IFMA and list of association members.
The comments raise the issue of compliance for smaller companies and the possibility of distinctions between executive and non-executive directors.
6. Letter, dated 31 July 1992, and detailed comments from Arthur Andersen.
Contains detailed comments on the draft report. The main recommendation relates to the supervisory function of the board.
7. Letters, dated 28 August 1992 from Sandy Easterbrook of Mallesons Stephen Jacques and accompanying paper on the issues of the AWA case.
Includes a detailed paper on the implications of an Australian judgement regarding auditor negligence and the duties and responsibilities of the board of directors, including non-executive directors.
8. Typescript of an article [for the] Company director magazine by Sir Adrian Cadbury, 12 April 1993
Item reports on the Code of Best Practice.